This page shows you how to use the “Roll Forward” feature of the Video Portal My Videos page.
The Roll Forward tool allows you to select videos you have uploaded to courses in the previous academic year so that they can duplicated by the system automatically and made available to the current academic year of the course.
This prevents the need to manually download and re-upload videos when you wish to re-use them in another year of the course, and ensures that students can view them on the Video Portal.
- any videos selected to be rolled forward will be processed overnight, meaning that they will publish the following day.
- you cannot copy videos to more than one course at a time
- videos can be rolled forward more than once – so you could copy a video into different courses if required by using the Roll Forward tool multiple times
- Rolled forward videos will become available to manage in the My Videos manage tab, alongside your other uploads.
Using the Roll Forward tool
On the My Videos page, click the Roll Forward tab and follow the steps below.
- Choose a 2020/21 course from the first drop-down box
- Wait for a list of all uploaded videos for this course to be displayed
- Tick the box next to the videos you want to roll forward (note you can click the title of the video to play it in a new tab,)
- Now select the current year course from the next dropdown box
- Click Proceed
- A confirmation page will be displayed, summarising which videos will be copied to the selected courses. You can edit the titles of the rolled forward videos by editing the text within the text box.
- Click Submit to confirm.
- If you go to the Manage tab, you will see the selected videos now appear in the list, showing as processing.
- After the videos have been processed overnight, their status will show as completed and you will be able to manage them as normal.