Opting out of recordings means that podcasts are still made but will only be visible to staff and any DASS students on the course. If you have previously opted-out but now wish to make the podcasts available to all of the students on the course, there are two ways to do this.
You can either download and re-upload the podcasts to the course to remove the permission restrictions, or you can embed the existing podcasts into your Blackboard page in order to allow all students to view them. The steps for both options are detailed below.
Embedding podcasts in Blackboard to remove the DASS restriction
- Click the small ‘i’ icon beneath the podcasts to see the embed code and then highlight and copy this code.
- Paste this code into the HTML of the page in Blackboard within which you want the podcast to appear. Note the video will then appear in that page as part of the content, so students will not need to go elsewhere to view it, an example is shown in the image below. This will mean that all students on that course can now see the podcasts.
Re-uploading podcasts to remove the DASS restriction
- Download the opted-out podcasts from the Video Portal using the download button beneath each video.
- Upload each podcast back into your course using the My Videos upload page. See the ‘How to upload videos’ section further down this page for help.
- You can remove the original (now duplicated) podcasts from your course by visiting your Recording Preferences page and clicking the Remove button next to the appropriate lectures in the Recorded Events section.
If you need any further help, you should raise a support ticket.
(Please note if you are not already logged into the support system, you will be directed to the homepage, so once logged in – please click this link again and you will be redirected).