- The event needs to take place in a podcast-enabled location (see locations for a list) and be in the timetable
- Bookings should be made at least 24 hours in advance; we cannot guarantee a recording will be made if it is booked less than 24 hours in advance
- Only members of staff can schedule recordings and only if they have not already been opted-out
- This tool does not track events in the timetable if they are moved – so if an event is relocated the original request should be cancelled and it should be re-booked
If the event is part of a course unit – the recording will be published alongside the podcasts for that course. If the event is not part of a course, it will be published in the Ad Hoc area of the Video Portal. In either case, the system will send an email to the addresses specified when scheduling the recording (more details are given below).
- Access the Podcast Schedule tool
- Select the location of the event from the drop-down box
- Navigate to the date of the event on the calendar. You can click the ‘show weekends’ button to display weekend dates and events.
- Click on the event you wish to have recorded and it’s details will be displayed, as shown in the image below.
- You can change the title of the recording; the default value is the name of the booking from the timetable. You can also add a description and adjust the start and end times of the recording within the range of the timetabled event.
- Some locations have a video camera installed which allows video footage of the event to be recorded in addition to, or instead of, the projector screen. Tick either ‘Screen’ or ‘Camera’ if you want only one recorded, or both if you would like the video and projector to be shown side by side in the podcast. If the Recording Input option is not present – this is because the location you have selected does not have a camera installed.
- If you wish to edit the recording before it is published please tick the “Edit/Review recording” option and input your email address to receive a link to the editor when the recording has been made (note you are able to add more than one email address by adding a comma ‘,’ between each). Only the email addresses supplied in this section will receive the publication/edit email.
- Once the recording has been made, an email will be sent with either a link to the editor or the podcast on the Video Portal.
To cancel an event booked to record, you need to access the Podcast Schedule tool and click on the My Recordings tab.
Press the Delete button next to the scheduled event (as highlighted in the image below) in order to remove the booking.
The event will then appear crossed out to show it is no longer scheduled to record.